12/05/2006

So Many Education Blogs, So Little Reporting

Mike Antonucci points out in this post about the arrival of Richard Colvin on the blog scene that too few of the education blogs out there right now actually do any real reporting (like he so often does), and I think he's generally right about that. A good blog can't just be all about commentary or self-promotion.

Other than Mike, the only person I can think of who regularly generates news, much less picks up a phone, is Peyton Walcott. Towards that end, I'm hoping in the new year to include more observational reporting (from events, speeches, and meetings), as well as to generate more new news (like the Vander Ark departure scoop and the post about where all the education writers have gone). As always, if you see or read something that you think I should know about, feel free to send it my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home