1/02/2007

Pimp My Ride Blog

On the MTV show "Pimp My Ride," the host takes old, dinged-up cars and turns them into shining, high-tech machines. And in that spirit I'm happy to announce that in the very near future this blog is going to get a fancy new home over at EdWeek.org, home of Education Week & Teacher Magazine.

I know, I know -- it seems like an unlikely pairing. They have real journalists over there, staff meetings, a vacation policy, and all of that. I have...well, none of those things. And, of course, I've poked fun of them several times. (You can read what I've said about EdWeek in the past here.)

So why the new partnership? Well, they apparently heard about this whole blogging craze and want in on the fast-moving fun. Me, I get access to their bazillion readers and some undeserved semblance of respectability. Oh, and the millions and millions of dollars that they're paying. No, not really. Plus which, I generally like the EdWeekers and what they do.

Will the new version cost you anything to read? Nope. Not a cent. Will this new setup change the substance or style of what's on the blog? Not at all. No meddling editors are involved. Will the new version be any better than the old one? Let's hope so. It'll definitely be read by a lot more real live educators, who I'm hoping might have some interesting things to say. The only real thing that's going to change is the design and appearance of the blog -- no great loss.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Russo said...

thanks, kimberly --
but, alas, not such a big paycheck.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home