12/22/2006

Where Are The K12 Lobbyists?

Impact aid, migrant education -- I remember a small but persistent set of folks who used to come into my bosses' offices to lobby on issues, programs, and special projects while I was on the Hill, and I'm guessing it's only gotten worse since then. To give you an idea of who's out there, yesterday's Inside Higher Ed has a detailed look at lobbying at the postsecondary level (Anti- Lobbying Fever? Not in Higher Ed). I don't see an similarly recent or detailed piece from EdWeek, but there are some articles on the topic (The School Lobby, Rural Educators Step Up Lobbying Efforts) and I'm guessing there's a list of registered K12 lobbyists online somewhere, too

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're out there Alex but the higher ed folks have a lot more money than we do... well, except for the unions.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Alexander Russo said...

is there a list of registered k12 lobbyists anywhere?

or a list of lobbying firms that either specialize in k12 or have k12 shops?

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home