3/01/2006

Site News: Signing Up and New Blog

Some readers using Internet Explorer tell me that my sidebar still doesn't show up on their browser screen, so while I work that out here are some key links you might want to see -- including how to join the new weekly email list, how to find my new blog, District 299, and how to switch to a better Internet browser.

READ MORE>>

To join the new weekly email list replacing the old AOL one: go to NotifyList and say you want to sign up for "thisweekined-update" and your email. You'll get a confirmation email (check your spam folder).

For my new Chicago-focused education blog: District 299. It's all Chicago education news, all the time. Check it out. It makes for a good homepage.

Of course, there's no better time to quit using Internet Explorer, which is slow and prone to attracting viruses. People in the know roll with Firefox 1.5. It's free, it's fast, and will import all your bookmarks and preferences from IE.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be related to the blogads you have there. It took about 40 seconds before that side of the page popped up. It might be a case of you get what you pay for, and the junky ads are slowing you down

4:46 PM  
Blogger Alexander Russo said...

that's a good idea -- i'll check it out. i think it's my code rather than my ads, but who knows. thanks for the suggestion.

5:10 PM  
Blogger EdWonk said...

Have you tried seeing if your main plus sidebar widths are exceeding your content widths? That's what happened at my place when I was modifying our template.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home