9/15/2005

Faux Blogs: Cheesy Ways of Getting Attention

While I like the Wisconsin Center for Education Research's work just fine and am glad to have ready access to it, I can't help but being a little peeved that (a) their PR folks decided to use the same "look" as this education blog (and a couple of others), and (b) they call what they're doing a blog, when it's really just a new-look rendition of the press releases and reports they'd be putting out anyway. So peeved I won't even link to them.

To be sure, WCER is not alone in putting together faux-blogs to try and benefit from the supposed appeal of blogging. EdWeek has a faux-blog of sorts, and I know I've seen others. And, in truth, if the content is good, I'm not sure I really care all that much. The Gadfly and Eduwonk are examples. But it's not blogging.

Maybe I'm just jealous that they have a podcast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to turn on word verification. looks like you have comment spam.

and p.s. i've seen about 1,000 blogs with the look of yours. Nothing personal, it's just not really that unique.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

their PR folks decided to use the same "look" as this education blog (and a couple of others)

Are you serious? This is one of the most common and unoriginal "looks" in all of the blogosphere.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home